It is quite common for two policies with equivalent coverage to vary in cost by several hundred dollars. Do a little shopping and save.
- See if a package plan will save you money. Perhaps you can insure your automobile with the same company.
- Get comparison quotes from three to four different agents.
- If an agent handles more than one company, get quotes from several different companies.
- Watch key points within each competing policy:
- The deductible. Don't go lower than $250.
- Your limits. See if you can increase your liability limits from $100,000 to $300,000.
- How much will a floater cost if you need one?
- Make sure the cheaper policy doesn't cover cash coverage versus replacement cost.
- Select a company rated AA+ by Standard and Poor's or A+ by A.M. Best, the two independent insurance rating agencies. Your agent can give you this information.